The Delta Tau Chapter of the Fraternity of Phi Gamma Delta is located in Dallas, Texas on the Southern Methodist University Campus.
The Delta Tau Chapter of Phi Gamma Delta was installed at Southern Methodist University in December of 1948. The establishment of the chapter at the University was spearheaded by the Dallas Graduate Chapter. The graduates, Donald S. Newbury (Pennsylvania State ’40) and H. Clark Etheridge (Texas ’34), were accompanied by the undergraduate petitioners, Robert V. Lentz (Alabama ’48, Southern Methodist ’50), Arthur M. Baker (Southern Methodist ’50) and John Edward May (Southern Methodist ’50). The charter was granted to the Chapter at the 100th Ekklesia held in Pittsburgh.